Based in the San Francisco, CA and founded by Ioannis Giannaros on November 19, 2013, Snapcard.io is a Bitcoin exchange where you can easily trade digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Litecoin. Funding your account can be done through bank transfer or through Mastercard or Visa credit cards. There are limits for Bitcoin buyers on a number of Bitcoins they can purchase initially through rankings. The exchange features a built in the wallet which allows you to send, receive and store Bitcoins, monitor transactions and use two-factor authentication.
The best thing with Snapcard is, you can instantly purchase Bitcoins from your iPhone or your Browser with the use if your credit card, debit card or checking account. The exchange focuses on giving ease to users when sending money to family, friends, and colleagues. Using its iOS application and online Bitcoin wallet, users can send and receive Bitcoin payments with the use of the user’s phone number or email address. Users can also share their public address to any of their contacts easily. The company is proud to offer ease to users in buying and selling Bitcoins in just a snap by using their online banking login.
Another thing that is best for Snapcard is, you can skip merchant integration when using your bitcoins. Users can buy items from major retailers, even though their e-commerce platform does not accept digital currencies.
It also offers a feature called bookmarklet which lets you create an item into Snapcard’s shopping cart through visiting a product’s page. It automatically grabs info from the item or product such as price and quantity. Then, you can log in to your account and check your shopping cart out using your linked Coinbase wallet. You can also have an option to receive a Snapcard invoice which will let you pay using a wallet of your choice or debit/credit cards. Thus, it is payment processor which debits your transaction and makes the purchase with the merchant. Currently, the online Bitcoin startup’s service is applicable on Target, New Egg, Best Buy Walmart, and Amazon.
Snapcard has a lot of other awesome features to offer.
- You can send and receive digital currencies using SMS, QR code or email address.
- It provides a history of your previous transactions.
- Current prices for Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Litecoin is posted live.
- You can protect your digital currencies with the use of a TouchID or PIN protection together with Authy 2FA
- You can share your public address to your contacts easily
- Instantly buy digital currencies such as Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Litecoin
- Credit cards will soon be added for buying coins in Snapcard
- Buy or sell fees ar at 0.5% only, half of Coinbase
- You can cancel orders a week later, so long as they do not take your money.
To date, the exchange has reached 4.45 Million US dollars of total equity funding in four rounds from 11 investors. Its most recent funding was 1.5 Million US dollars on December 24, 2015.